- How to Reach Your Weight Loss Goals
- 8 Effective Tricks to Speed Up Your Weight Loss
- The 6 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips for Every Age
- 5 Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tricks that Really Work!
- 7 Weight Loss Tricks that Will Get the Job Done
- The Truth About Your Daily Recommended Protein
- 7 Rules for Lasting Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Tricks to Guarantee Weight Loss
- 6 Cheap Ways to Lose Weight
- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- See More Articles
Losing water weight is an inevitable part of all weight loss programs
Losing water weight
losing weight its inevitable that water will make up some of the weight loss. No matter how we lose weight or how long the weight loss takes, everyone will lose water.
Many factors determine the amount of water we lose in comparison to fat loss, they include:
which exercise is selected
the diet chosen - for example, a low carb diet may increase water loss
calorie intake - lowering calorie intake too much will cause more water loss
the physical state of the person - the amount of protein and carb stores before new diet
The water weight loss comes from a net loss of protein and carbohydrates especially during the first few weeks of a reduction in calories. On reducing calories the body needs to rely more on energy within the body and thus breaks down protein and carbohydrate for metabolism. When these nutrients are metabolised water is released. Fat stores do supply a little of the energy but , at first , a good proportion comes from protein and the limited stores of carbohydrates within the cells.
For weight loss the trick is to reduce losing water weight as much as possible so the body is forced to body fat stores. To limit losing water weight many people will:
consume small portions of high quality protein at each meal
reduce food intake gradually and count
can slow protein lost from muscle cells
not crash diet or starve
train for strength so to increase muscle
lose weight slowly no more than 2 pounds per week