- Everything You Need to Know About the Slow Carb Diet
- 5 Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- The Hidden Dangers of the Keto Diet
- How to Eat Carbs the Healthy Way
- The Right Time to Eat Carbs
- Low Fat or Low Carb Diet: Which is Better?
- 7 Easy Ways to Cut Back on Sugar
- 8 Best Fruits for a Healthy Diet
- The 5 Worst Fruits for a Healthy Diet
- 5 Awesome Grains to Replace Rice
- Best Foods for a Low Carb Diet
- The Secret to Eating Carbs for Weight Loss
- Celebrity Diets Worth Giving a Try
- The Food Lover's Diet
- The Beverly Hills Diet for Weight Loss
- See More Articles
Low Carb Diets - New Weight Loss Approach
With the popularity of the Atkin’s diet, low-carb diets have been a favorite of dieters for the past few years. There are many variations when it comes to low carb diets and finding the best version you can be challenge.
All low carb diets are based on the fact that you consume too many refined and simple carbohydrates your body creates too much insulin. The insulin is then stored and creates fat pockets- a dieter’s worst nightmare! So low carb diets cut the bad carbs and instead provide you with other healthy options.
- Almost all food will contain carbohydrates along with proteins and fats.
- Foods that are considered high in carbs have 50-70% carbohydrates.
- Foods that are considered moderate in carbs have 40-50%.
- Foods that are considered low in carbs have 0-25%.
Almost all food, whether or not it’s marketed as “low carb” will have at least 50-60% carbohydrates. So if you are on a low carb diet, it’s important to check the levels of carbohydrates even if it’s marketed as “low carb.”
We’ve put together some low carb diet tips if you are looking to try a diet low in carbohydrates. We’ve also put together a great list of various low carb diets so you can find the one that suits you best.
- The Super Atkins Diet: a diet that consists of five phases and focuses on counting calories and healthy, wholesome eating.
- Anabolic Diet: the weightlifters choice, which alternates between low and high carb intake.
- The Hampton’s Diet: A diet that focuses on very healthy, nutritional food.
- The Ketogenic Diet: A diet that is low in carbs and rich in protein and fats.
If you’re thinking about trying any of these low carb diets make sure to consult with a nutritionist first.