- How to Reach Your Weight Loss Goals
- 8 Effective Tricks to Speed Up Your Weight Loss
- The 6 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips for Every Age
- 5 Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tricks that Really Work!
- 7 Weight Loss Tricks that Will Get the Job Done
- The Truth About Your Daily Recommended Protein
- 7 Rules for Lasting Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Tricks to Guarantee Weight Loss
- 6 Cheap Ways to Lose Weight
- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- See More Articles
Calories in the Big Mac & McDonald Foods
Who doesn't love McDonald's food? There's nothing quite like a hamburger when your hunger's up and you want something quick and easy to eat. Why else do you think there are so many McDonald's in every single city around the country.
But don't think for one pea-pickin' minute that McD's is in any way healthy. There is absolutely NOTHING healthy about the hamburgers served there! Even the salads and fruit served there barely qualifies as "healthy".
Why is McD's so bad?
First off, there's all the calories. You'll find that a single hamburger contains A LOT of calories, and most of them come from the bun. The hamburger patty has a good number of calories, but the bun provides all empty calories--zero nutritional value to it.
Here are the calories you'll find in your Big Mac and other McD's burgers:
Food item Calories Fat (grams) Carbohydrate (grams) Protein (grams)
Cheese Burger (4oz-114g) 300 12 33 15
Double Cheese Burger (5,8oz - 165g) 440 23 34 25
Big Mac (7,5oz-214g) 540 29 45 25
4 Chicken McNuggets (2,3 oz- 64g) 190 12 11 10
Hamburger (3,5oz-100g) 250 9 31 12
McChicken (5oz-143g) 360 16 40 14
Quarter pond with cheese (7oz-198g) 510 26 40 29
Filet-O-Fish (5oz-142g) 380 18 38 15
Big Breakfast - regular size (9,5oz-269g) 740 48 51 28
Large Fries (5,4oz-154g) 500 25 63 6
Hash Brown (2oz-56g) 150 80 15 1
Milkshake - Banana medium 425 11 72 9
As you can see, hamburgers, fries, and all of the other food you can buy at this fast food joint tend to be VERY high in calories.
But it's not just the calories you need to watch out for! Did you know that nearly ALL fast food meat contains meat-based carcinogens? These carcinogens are the result of the meat being highly processed, and they have been linked to a number of cancers--including colon cancer.
Then there's all the fat! Saturated fat is the stuff that you naturally find in meat. In high quantities, it can be harmful and lead to clogged arteries and heart disease. But if you eat all natural foods (even meat), you'll find that it's much harder to eat a lot of saturated fat. All you need to do is select leaner cuts of meat, remove the skin from chicken, and trim the fat off pork.
But trans fat, now that's a different creature altogether. Trans fat is a 100% man-made fat; it cannot be found in nature! Trans fats are produced when hydrogen is added to unsaturated fat, and the result is a solid fat that looks like and has the consistency of saturated fat, but it is stiffer and longer-lasting. While this is great for cooking, it also means that the trans fats last longer and harden more quickly in your arteries.
Hamburgers and French fries are two of the most popular sources of trans fats in the world! Every time cooking oil is used--particularly to deep fry food--you are consuming A LOT of trans fats. To make things worse, these fats often contain a lot of free radicals, which just increases your risk of cancer along with the risk of heart disease.
Why You Should Avoid Fast Food Joints
When it comes down to it, there are MANY reasons you should stay away from places like McDonald's and Burger King:
- There's almost NO nutritional value in any of the food they serve.
- The calorie content of the food is VERY high.
- The food is processed too easily by your stomach, and thus it is turned into fat much more quickly.
- Hamburgers tend to be very high in saturated fat, which can lead to heart disease.
- All fried and deep fried foods contain trans fats, which have been linked to multiple forms of cancer.
- The highly processed food is often loaded with trans fats, which can lead to cancer.
The truth is that these hamburgers, while exceedingly delicious, are actually quite terrible for your health. The more you eat, the less healthy you will be! As you can see by the calories table above, the food is high in calories, yet offers very little nutrition. Time to avoid burgers like the plague!