- How Much Fruit Should I Be Eating Every Day?
- Are You Eating Too Much Sugar?
- How to Determine Your Daily Calories for Weight Loss
- The Safe and Smart Ways to Cut Calories for Weight Loss
- The Smart Calorie Approach to Weight Loss
- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- See More Articles
Number of Calories in Meat and Fish
The number of calories in food depends on what group the food is derived from. Below is a table showing the number of calories in meat and fish. Follow the links below to find the number of calories in other foods.
- calories in vegetables
- calories in fruit
- calories in dairy products
- calories in bread and grains
- negative calorie foods (take more energy to burn than they give)
Learn more on how to count calories on food package labels.
|Meats & Fish||Calories per portion size *||Calories per 100 grams (3.5 oz)||Energy content
|Bacon average fried||250 (2 rashers)||500||High|
|Bacon average grilled||150||380||Med-High|
|Beef burgers frozen||320||280||Medium|
|Cod chip shop food||400||200||Med-High|
|Fish cake||90 (per cake)||200||Medium|
|Fish fingers||50 (per cake)||220||Medium|
|Herring fresh grilled||300||200||Medium|
|Sardines tinned in oil||220||220||Medium|
|Sardines in tomato sauce||180||180||Medium|
|Sausage pork fired||250||320||High|
|Sausage pork grilled||220||280||Med-High|
|Scampi fried in oil||400||340||High|
|Steak & Kidney pie||400||350||High|
|Tunna tinned water||100||100||Low|
|Tuna tinned oil||180||180||Medium|
We want to provide a complete list of the number of calories in food so if you feel a food or product should be listed here then email us and we will try to add it to our lists.
* Portion sizes will vary depending on the type and make of product purchased. They are very often a subjective view and may again vary according to bowl, cup or plate size used.
Most natural foods are calculated in tests and specific product values are calculated by their ingredients list or from manufacturers information. Some values may not be accurate and should only be used for general comparison purposes.