- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- Foods Rich in Iodine
- Ketogenic Diet
- Vitamin E Rich Foods
- Great Sources of Simple Carbohydrate Foods
- Excellent Sources of Complex Carbohydrates
- Reduce weight slowly
- Foods Rich in Vitamin K
- Foods Rich in Vitamin B6
- Tips for Increasing Energy Expenditure
- See More Articles
Old Habits Decrease Weight Loss ChancesMany people develop habits that could have a negative effect on any weight loss effort. Habits formed over years may fuel certain behavior which limits the capacity for positive action and result in a lowered motivation. Lets look at some examples of habits which may be causing limitations. Work
- Pressures or boredom at work can tempt people to seek refuge in food.
- Sitting at desk all day- too tired or don't feel like any activity after work.
- Don't take sandwiches- have to eat out during lunchtime.
- Meetings with clients in restaurants- habit of eating too much.
- Family cooking methods,
ingredients used or unhealthy recipes repeatedly used due to long-term habits.
- Another family member has control over selection and cooking of food in the household- a change may
not suit them.
- Consuming too many calories at family meals because of the social interaction surrounding mealtime - not aware of amount of food consumed.
- Family problems/arguments- result inbinge Eating or drinking too much alcohol.
- Children's choice of snacks in the cupboards- causes temptation.
- Drinking too much too often- with friends or in social situations, meet in pubs / snack bars / coffee shops.
- Social pressures to drink- to be with the guys.
- Frequenting restaurants for nights out with partner or family.
- Sucking on sweets all day to make work more
- Stocking too many sweets or snacks when food shopping
- Depending too much on use of vehicle even for trip to local shops.
- Must eat quickly as too little time for cooking with fresh natural ingredients- results in choosing convenient food high in fat/calories.
- Renting movies and snacking.
- Unstoppable cravings for chocolate or sweets.
- Stopping smoking may affect the amount you eat.
Now that you found your lifestyles, here are some suggestions on turning the bad habits into good habits.
- Snacking while watching movies - Eat fruit or carrots or eat healthy popcorn, no butter or salt added.
- Grocery shopping snacker - Never go shopping when hungry. If you're starting to feel the hunger pains before heading for shopping, eat a piece of fresh fruit or some nuts.
- Restaurant buffet eating - Instead of going to a buffet restaurant, where you know the calories pack on, head to nice sit down dinner restaurant. It will feel more fancy and special for whole family. Better yet, go to the park, picnic and play frisbee or kickball.
- Desk sitter - You're too tired after work to work out, instead work out at work. Walk up and down the stairs. Avoid the elevator. Every couple hours take a 10 minutes walk around the office. If someone asks you what you're doing; you are brainstorm, working on problems. You don't have to be at your desk all the time to solve problems, walking exercises your mind and gives you more oxygen. You can be more productive!