- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- See More Articles
A Weight Loss Program for Cats
A cat that is eating less food is getting fewer nutrients. Your Vet may recommend a vitamin/mineral supplement to help your cat stay healthy, alert, and active. A fatty acid supplement will keep your cat's skin and coat healthy. Dehydroepiandrosterone helps cats lose weight faster and lowers cholesterol levels. L. carnitine affects the utilization of fat by the cat’s body and helps reduce weight. Pyruvate alters the metabolism. Chromium picolinate promotes the activity of insulin. Coenzyme Q10 aids energy production at the cellular level.
Cats gain weight when they don’t exercise as much as they should. Cats, like their human masters, require regular exercise to stay healthy. Exercising a cat, however, is not as easy as exercising a dog. Cats exercise when they want to. Many are extremely resistant to walking on a leash. You may have to resort to buying new toys or catnip to make your cat more active. CatChannel.Com suggests using toys and household items that will get your cat to leap and stretch, run up and down stairs, and climb. In addition, you might create an obstacle course of boxes, bags and soft-sided tunnels.
Because cats are exercise resistant, the solution to their weight problem is often found in a revised diet. As mentioned above, this may be difficult to do. Consult your Vet and follow his/her advice. Be patient and let things happen over time. Your cat will thank you for helping him lose weight, improve his health, and live longer.
CatChannel.Com. 2007. Cat Exercise. BowTie, Inc. URL:
Hofve, Jean. 2007. The Right Weight Loss Program for Cats! Little Big Cat. Url:
_________. 2007. Switching Foods. Little Big Cat. Url:
Iams Company. 2004. Managing Your Cat’s Weight. URL:
Michel, Kathryn. 2007. Weight Reduction in Cats—Great Frustrations in Feline Nutrition. World Small Animal Veterinary Association. URL:
Nash, Holly. 2007. Weight Reduction Programs. Pet Education.com. URL: