Foods rich in potassium are easy to add to your daily diet because the vitamin is found in many fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few ideas of healthy meals with high potassium that are easy to incorporate into your everyday life:
- For breakfast- Make yourself a nice banana smoothie with milk. You could also add blackberries, peaches, and strawberries- all are fruits with high potassium content, and they are great in smoothies.
- For lunch- Enjoy a fresh spinach salad with tomatoes, turkey, bell peppers, and fresh mushrooms. The key is to keep away from the pre-made stuff. Keep to fresh ingredients whenever possible.
- For dinner- You could make a nice roasted chicken and serve it with lima beans and green beans.
- For dessert- Throw together a fruit salad with grapes, blueberries, apples, oranges, and raspberries.
- For a snack: Keep a banana in your desk at work for a super charged potassium snack (400 mg) with low calories (80 per banana).
[table id=30 /]
Most fresh vegetables, fruits, and meats have one thing in common: they are all potassium rich foods. Potassium is important for muscle function, your heart, kidneys, and nervous system, it is vital that you eat enough food with potassium.
Potassium is an essential electrolyte that is important for muscle function, your heart, kidneys, and nervous system. If you have a potassium deficiency you may notice yourself getting abnormally weak, confused, tired, and experience a lack of coordination. Potasium deficiency can even cause heart irregularities.
People who exercise regularly need more potassium intake than those who don’t. This is simply because among other things, sweat contains the potassium electrolytes. Most people know that it is very important to stay hydrated when exercising, but keep in mind that it’s also worth keeping up your electrolyte levels.
If you already eat a healthy diet that incorporates a lot of fresh foods you are probably getting enough potassium, however, if your diet lacks in healthy choices it might be good to start introducing some high potassium food into your diet.
If your daily diet does not include a lot of fresh food, you might be in the danger zone of getting potassium deficiency. You may not be suffering from any of the symptoms, but often adding more potassium to your diet will make you feel more alert.
Foods high in potassium are easy to add to your daily diet. Many fruits and vegetables are high in potassium. And so are all meats, fish, and poultry. Fresh fruits such as apricots, bananas and kiwis are all good examples of foods with potassium. Lima beans are a great food with potassium and most squashes, leafy greens, and vegetables are all foods high in potassium.
Potassium in food is found in almost all fresh foods and is a part of a healthy diet. Try focusing on fresh, natural foods instead of processed, sodium filled food and you’ll notice a difference in your health and energy levels.