- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- Foods Rich in Iodine
- Ketogenic Diet
- Vitamin E Rich Foods
- Great Sources of Simple Carbohydrate Foods
- Excellent Sources of Complex Carbohydrates
- Reduce weight slowly
- Foods Rich in Vitamin K
- See More Articles
The Amount of Protein in TunaTuna is, by far, one of the healthiest proteins on the planet! All fish is fairly healthy, but tuna, salmon, and sardines are three of the very best. This is because they are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids along with the protein. The Omega-3s offer A LOT of health benefits. Check out the nutritional facts for tuna below:
|Tuna (100g-3.5oz)||Calories||Protein||Fat||Unsaturated Fat|
|Canned in Brine (drained)||110||24.8||1.2||0.4|
|Albacore - Steamed under pressure||166||30||5.1||3.3|
|Albacore - Canned in olive oil (drained)||198||30.1||8.2||6.5|
|Salad - Tuna&vegetables canned||114||8.3||6.6||3.3|
|Albacore - Canned in soybean oil (drained)||181||30.4||6.6||5|
|Sandwich with Tuna and Vegetables||240||6.9||12.6||9.8|
- Reduce stroke risk -- The Omega-3 fatty acids and other unsaturated fats in tuna will be effective at boosting your heart health, particularly preventing clots. Blood clots form when the arterial walls are damaged, and the clots cut off blood flow to your brain--leading to strokes.
- Lower triglycerides -- Your body turns dietary fat into triglycerides, which it then stores for later use. But too-high levels of triglycerides can lead to serious health problems, including obesity, high cholesterol, heart attacks, and many other heart disorders. Thankfully, the Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna help to counteract triglyceride levels, helping you to get your total cholesterol levels under control.
- Control blood pressure -- If your blood pressure gets out of control, you may experience negative side effects like fatigue, heart disease, etc. Thankfully, the Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna helps to relax your blood vessels and prevents cholesterol from narrowing the arteries. This will ensure proper blood flow, helping to keep your blood pressure at a normal level.
- Fight obesity -- Obesity is a MASSIVE problem in the Western world, with a surprising number of people being overweight or obese. Thankfully, tuna is one of the best things you can eat to counteract this problem. Not only is tuna loaded with healthy fats that will help to fill you up, but it's surprisingly low in calories. The Omega-3s in tuna will cause your body to release leptin, a hormone that signals to your brain that you are satiated. It's one of the healthiest foods you can eat to promote weight loss!
- Prevent cancer -- Studies have proven that tuna can help to reduce your risk of breast and other forms of cancer. All fatty fish can help to fight cancer, thanks to the fact that the healthy unsaturated fat found in fish reduces inflammation. Inflammation is one of the markers of cancer, so eating tuna regularly can help to prevent carcinogens from forming and spreading.
- Boost immunity -- Did you know that tuna is a great food to eat for your immune system? Tuna is rich in selenium, an antioxidant that strengthens your immune system and makes it better able to fight off infections and disease.
- Provide B Vitamins -- The various B vitamins are VERY important for your body, but they're harder to get than the other vitamins. Thankfully, tuna is rich in these healthy B vitamins, so they will provide your body with the nutrients needed to produce red blood cells, energy, and white blood cells. It can even give you a nice metabolism boost, keep your skin healthy, and keep your body's natural defenses up against invaders.