- Cleaning Your Kitchen to Lose Weight
- The Three Simple Steps to Losing Weight
- 8 Weight Loss Tips Scientifically Proven to Work
- The Best Diets for Weight Loss in 2016
- Small Lifestyle Changes for Faster Fat Burning
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- Health Benefits of Losing Weight
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- How to Keep Up With Weight Loss
- Sneaky Ways Restaurants Make You Fat
- Alternative Weight Loss Methods
- Losing Weight: Will It Improve My Life?
- Stay on Track to Lose Weight
- Cardio Myths that Are Holding You Back from Weight Loss
- See More Articles
Lose Weight and Keep it Off ForeverBefore we get started with this article, let’s give a warning: this article is only for those interested in making a lifestyle change—which includes eating and exercising habits—and losing weight once and for good. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s talk about how you can lose weight quickly and keep it off forever. The first thing you need above all else is the mindset to do it. You can read the best advice in the world, but it’s not worth anything if you can’t follow through on it. You can also buy the best exercise equipment and the healthiest food. Again, it’s useless if you are not putting it to use. With a three-step program implemented into your everyday life, you can completely reverse your lifestyle, drop a lot of weight in a hurry, and keep it from ever returning. 1. No More Junk We want to completely do away with any type of white flour and added sugars. This isn’t going to be for some diet plan; this is going to be your new life. Instead of a quick ham sandwich on white bread, you’ll switch to whole wheat. Instead of drinking a soda and eating a candy bar, try a diet soda (better yet water) and eat an apple! Remove processed foods from your diet. Throw away those freezer meals, canned pastas, meal-in-a-box deals, juice boxes, candy bars, chips, soda. We will replace these items with whole, natural foods. Open up your tasting bugs to delicious fruits and vegetables!
1. Hands up High Activity is now going to become a part of your life. If you’re not the type to get up in the morning and jog five miles or even the type to go the gym, then it’s imperative that you incorporate exercise into your life in some form or fashion. For starters, you can try parking further away from work and walking. Walk to the market instead of taking your car. Get out and play some sports, go swimming, hike or rock climb as a hobby. Take your children out to the park and run around (nice perk - they will get tired and go to bed early!). Just stay active. Before long, you’ll be used to being active and won’t have an issue exercising. 3. Try Again, and Again Along every step of the way, you have to remind yourself that this isn’t some fad diet or some quick fix. You need to find permanent replacements. It’s going to take some trial and error to find better foods more suited to your tastes that won’t end up on your waist, but it’s well worth it. Also remember that, after a few weeks or months, your results are going to slow down. This is when you must push harder via exercise to ditch the weight. If you can honestly stay on this program and ditch the bad carbs, trash the junk food, and stay active, then you will lose weight quickly and keep it off.