- Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
- Healthy Breakfasts to Kick the Day Off Right
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Low-Fat Cooking for Weight Loss
- Why Lemon Water Makes a Brilliant Addition to Breakfast
- Low Calorie Desserts to Tantalize Your Tastebuds
- The Flexitarian Diet for Weight Loss and Health
- Start Your Painless Weight Loss Today
- How to Eat a Healthy Lunch
- Yummy Healthy Holiday Side Dishes
- Weight Loss Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes Low in Calories but Tasty
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Calorie Controlled Menus
- Easy & Delicious Low Calorie Recipes
- See More Articles
Easy & Delicious Low Calorie RecipesHere is a few delicious low calorie recipes to try out. All recipes include nutritional information for an average serving.
Tuna Chowderingredients for 2 people:
- Butter - 12 grams
- Onion - 1 small - chopped finely
- Potatoes - 130g - peeled & chopped
- Milk semi-skimmed - 220ml
- Flour - 1 level tbsp
- Tomatoes canned - 200g
- Tuna in brine - 100g
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper
1. Fry onion in melted butter until soft, add potatoes & milk, simmer for 15 minutes .
2. Remove from heat, add flour & tomatoes, then bring to boil.
3. Add tuna & seasoning, cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Strawberry PancakesIngredients for 4 people:
- Flour - 50 g
- Caster Sugar - 50g
- Single Cream - 150ml
- Egg - 1
- Butter - 12g
- Fresh Strawberries - 80g
1. Mix flour with sugar, then add cream & egg yolks.
2. Whisk egg white to a stiff consistency and fold into batter.
3. Melt half the butter into frying pan, add a little of the mixture and sprinkle over strawberries.
4. As the mix bubbles turn over and cook for 2 minutes.
Pasta with Bacon & Cheeseingredients for 2 people:
- Tagliatelle - 100g raw
- Olive oil - 10ml
- Bacon - 60g
- Onion chopped - 75g
- Broccoli - 150g
- Cheese - 50g cubed
- Fresh Parsley chopped - 1 tsp
1. Cook pasta for 10 minutes in salted water until tender.
2. Heat oil in pan and cook chopped bacon for 2 minutes. Add the onion and broccoli, stir fry for 5 minutes. The broccoli should be tender.
3. Drain pasta and mix it well with bacon, onion and broccoli. Add cheese and parsley then mix well and serve immediately.