- Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
- Healthy Breakfasts to Kick the Day Off Right
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Low-Fat Cooking for Weight Loss
- Why Lemon Water Makes a Brilliant Addition to Breakfast
- Low Calorie Desserts to Tantalize Your Tastebuds
- The Flexitarian Diet for Weight Loss and Health
- Start Your Painless Weight Loss Today
- How to Eat a Healthy Lunch
- Yummy Healthy Holiday Side Dishes
- Weight Loss Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes Low in Calories but Tasty
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Calorie Controlled Menus
- Easy & Delicious Low Calorie Recipes
- See More Articles
Low energy content Recipe
We often receive many emails asking us to provide recipes and menus
for people wanting to control their body weight. Some people seem to want to eat more healthily in order to lose the weight but, they feel it's too time consuming to cook every day. For this reason, we have provided some of our lowest calorie recipes below. These are also designed to be quick and easy to prepare.
A diet plan made up of some of our recipes could help you lose the weight effectively over time. Please keep in mind that you should seek advise from your doctor before changing your daily diet!
Lemon Chicken Surprise
This chicken dish was designed to be quick to create and contains a low 180 calories per serving. This dish is full of nutrition and fibre to help you lose weight and get slim. It will take about 25 minutes to make and will serve up to 4 people. However, you could make it last for the next day's dinner to.
- 450g (1 pound ) broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic
- 125g (4 oz) carrots
- 125g mange tout
- root ginger
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock or water
- 125g baby sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 spring onions
- salt & pepper
- Wash the broccoli and break up into small florets. peel and finely chop the garlic. peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks. trim the mange tout. Deseed and chop the peppers.
- Heat the oil in a wok until beginning to smoke. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the broccoli, peppers and carrots. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, mange tout and baby sweetcorn to the wok and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the oyster sauce.
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions and sprinkle over. Season, give one last stir and serve immediately.
- The high broccoli content in this recipe helps provide a good portion of vitamin C to the diet, as well as plenty of fibre. For more information on foods high in vitamin C.