- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- See More Articles
Clothing to make you look slim
If you are overweight, it can be frustrating trying to dress stylishly and still wear clothes that are flattering and comfortable. But there are tricks that you can play when it comes to your wardrobe that will give you the appearance of being longer and slimmer, while your clothes will be fashionable and comfortable. By learning to maximize your positives and minimize your not-so-positives, you will look and feel great!
Choose separates in one solid color to create an outfit that will elongate the body, and provide a slimming effect.
Black is always a good choice; it provides a slimming effect.
Wear clothes that fit you. Clothing that is too loose adds bulk, and clothing that is too tight draws attention to your bulges.
Find pieces that accentuate your positive features.
Vertical stripes elongate and slim the body; horizontal strips widen the body.
If your legs are heavier, choose a brightly colored tope or necklace; it will draw attention away from your legs, and to your face.
Shoulder pads and wide necklines on shirts and blouses will help give your body a balanced look. This is a great trick if you have wider hips.
Avoid pleated pants, as well as pants with pockets. They draw attention to the midsection. Pants with narrow legs, a flat front, and side zippers are more flattering for fuller figures.
Don’t slouch! Good posture always makes you look taller and slimmer!
The trick to dressing a fuller figure is to not try to hide your body in volumes of loose material, and not to try to force your body into clothing that is just too small. But choosing well-fitting, tailored pieces you will feel more comfortable. The confidence that you exude when you feel good will make you look even greater!