- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- See More Articles
Restrictive weight loss procedures
The advantages of this type of procedure are that a smaller amount of well-chewed food still goes through regular digestions, thus allowing nutrients, calories, and vitamins to be properly absorbed.
There are some disadvantages that go with this procedure. The staple line can break and cause leakage and infection. The pouch can stretch or the band can break, allowing patients to eat too much, defeating the purpose of the surgery.
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
Using a small video camera inserted into the abdomen, the surgeon is able to get a more detailed view via video screen of his work. In the procedure, a band is put around the uppermost area of the stomach, which divides the stomach into one smaller section and one larger section. Patients feel full faster, and normal digestion occurs.
This procedure can be reversed later on, and the band can also be readjusted to raise or lower food intake ability.
As with any major operation, complications can arise, including reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, blood clots, or infections. It is important to speak with the surgeon and get as much information as possible before making the decision to have weight loss surgery. In addition, the commitment post-surgery is life-long. The surgery will not be successful without the patient be willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle adjustments that will bring about long-term weight loss.
Malabsorptive Fat Removal Surgery procedure