- Everything You Need to Know About the Slow Carb Diet
- 5 Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- The Hidden Dangers of the Keto Diet
- How to Eat Carbs the Healthy Way
- The Right Time to Eat Carbs
- Low Fat or Low Carb Diet: Which is Better?
- 7 Easy Ways to Cut Back on Sugar
- 8 Best Fruits for a Healthy Diet
- The 5 Worst Fruits for a Healthy Diet
- 5 Awesome Grains to Replace Rice
- Best Foods for a Low Carb Diet
- The Secret to Eating Carbs for Weight Loss
- Celebrity Diets Worth Giving a Try
- The Food Lover's Diet
- The Beverly Hills Diet for Weight Loss
- See More Articles
The Cheat to Lose DietThe Cheat to Lose Diet is a fairly new diet that was created by Joel Marion. This diet helps dieters to learn about the principles of dieting and how eating small and frequent meals combined with aerobic and strength training can help you to reach your weight loss goals. The premise behind the Cheat to Lose diet is for the dieter to begin to control the hormone level of leptin. When the leptin hormone level falls there is less weight loss occurring because the body begins to stop burning fat as a result of less calorie intake. Most diets do limit the calories that are ingested which means that after a certain period of time, weight loss either begins to deter or completely come to a halt.
Therefore, the Cheat to Lose diet tries to cheat the Leptin hormone. The leptin is increased in the body by consuming more calories and tricks the body into losing more weight. While dieting the Cheat Day is very important because it is on this day that the levels of Leptin are replenished. This is when the body believes that it has more calories, resuming a higher level of Leptin and continuing your weight loss. There are two main phases; the Priming Phase and the Core Phase. During the Priming phase you are getting your body ready to shed the pounds away. You will have one week of reduced carb intake, then one week of low glycemic carb intake and one week of high glycemic load. These three weeks are then followed by the glorious cheat day where you can eat anything you want. Then, you will move onto the Core Phase where every new week begins with two low carb days. Then for the next four days you gradually increase the glycemic load and finish off the week with a cheat day. By manipulating the leptin hormone levels in the body, you are able to maximize on your weight loss opportunities.
When this diet is combined with exercise, the results come quicker and more prominent. The Cheat to Lose dieting book has many wonderful exercise suggestions and tips that should be followed for optimum results.