- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- Is it Time to Find a New Gym?
- What Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
- 6 Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- 7 Wicked Chest Exercises to Replace Push-Ups
- How to Deal with Daily Aches and Pains the Healthy Way
- How to Fit in a Midday Workout
- 6 Workout Habits That are Setting You Back
- The Truth About Your Favorite Fitness Myths
- 5 Simple Moves to Stretch Away the Stiffness
- A Few Minutes of Daily Exercise Means Years of Longer Life
- See More Articles
The Heart of Exercise: Zone ThreeIn this article, we’ll cover the third of the five targeted heart rate zones for Effective Exercise. This is an aerobic exercise zone called the “Burner Zone”. The goal here is to reach between 70-80% of your maximum heart rate. So, if your maximum heart rate is 210, you’ll want to achieve 147 BPM for this zone, 168 BPM on the high end. You need to be comfortable with Zone Two before you attempt this zone.
This zone will improve your functional capacity by increasing both the size and extent of blood vessels in your body, increasing your lung capacity and respiratory rate, and also increasing your heart’s strength. This will help you metabolize both fats and carbs at a 50:50 ratio, which means quicker results for people who are already fit. You can achieve this THR zone through running, swimming or playing a racket sport. A treadmill will work great or any other method where you’re actually running. With a heart rate this high, you’re no longer just burning fat calories. Although it is a great zone for overall weight loss, it is more about building up your body’s tolerance for exercise. If you want to know more about heart rate training zones :
How to calculate Target Heart Rate?