- What is the Coffee Diet and Can it Help Me Lose Weight?
- 7 Quick and Easy Weight Loss Lunches to Pack Today
- Clean Eating 101: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Start a New Life of Clean Eating
- 5 Expert Tips for Effective Weight Loss
- Should You Drink on a Diet?
- Is Celery Juice Worth Drinking, or Just A Fad?
- 6 Small Diet Changes for Big Results
- What You Need to Know About Making the Perfect Smoothie
- 5 Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- The Diet Dangers of Intermittent Fasting
- The 6 Best Diets to Help You Poop Better
- 6 Healthy Snacks to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Is Eating in Moderation Enough?
- 5 Diet Habits To Try All Year Around
- See More Articles
The Lemon DietThe lemon detox diet, or ‘lemonade diet’ as it is often referred to, was invented by Stanley Burroughs in the 1940s. The lemon diet comprises part of Stanley’s Master Cleanse diet, first released in 1976 as a 50 page book detailing how to fully detoxify the body. Sadly, Stanley is no longer with us, but his legacy continues on as his Master Cleanser diet and lemon detox diet increase in popularity throughout the modern era. Lemonade Diet Ingredients
Typically, the lemon detox diet consists of the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 1/10 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 – 2 cups of mineral water
Breaking Your Lemon Diet Fast When you break your fast go easy on yourself, remember you haven’t eaten solid foods for sometime and you need to ease your body back in. Start with a few vegetable soups, slowly introducing fruit and solid vegetables. Don’t dive straight in with meats and bread as you may experience stomach ache. Weight Loss and The Lemon Detox Diet The lemon diet was thrust into the limelight again a few years back with Hollywood actors using the method for rapid weight loss. The lemon diet isn’t a weight loss diet per se, it is intended to be a detoxification. The nature of the diet encourages a rapid loss of fluid, a major factor in the appearance of weight and bloatedness. This makes the diet ideal for those seeking to slim down quickly for a wedding dress, holiday, photo-shoot or movie. Those undertaking the lemon detox diet should be aware that although weight loss will certainly occur, at least half of the weight you lose will be regained within a month or two of completing the lemon diet. This is the body’s natural reaction to rapid weight loss – an automatic self-preservation function triggered by the body to encourage fat storage in case you continue without substantial food intake over a long period of time. That said, the lemonade diet is a great way to kick start your metabolism and sets up a perfect plateau from which to carry on your weight loss goals. Expected Benefits of Lemon Detox Diet
In addition to dropping weight very quickly and looking great, you will feel like a new person once your body has expelled the toxins. The lemon diet cleanses the kidneys and digestive system, purifying glands and cells and eliminating waste from all around the body. Additional reported benefits include relief of arthritic pain, infections, skin ailments, gout and headaches. Risks of the Lemon Diet
- highly acidic
- affects the dental enamel