- How Much Exercise is Good For Your Health?
- How to Be Safe at Newly Reopened Gyms
- Do You Need an Exercise Ball in Your Life?
- Try This Fun and Unique Deck of Cards Workout Routine
- 6 Tools to Help You Recover from Sore Muscles
- 9 Simple Household Items You Can Use as Home Gym Equipment
- How to Safely Exercise Even in a Pandemic
- Do You Get Exercise Headaches? Here’s What to Do…
- Why Your Workout May Be Causing Weight Gain
- Running for Weight Loss: How to Do it Right
- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- See More Articles
The Best Time to Lose Weight
When is the BEST time to lose weight? This is an interesting question, and the simple answer is: right now!
There is no time like the present, because right now your desire to lose weight is VERY strong in your mind. You've got that burning passion for weight loss filling your mind, and you're probably all fired up with your new goals. It's time to start losing weight NOW!
Deciding to lose weight is the biggest yet most rewarding step you can take to maintaining a healthier lifestyle. The truth is that losing weight will improve your health in MANY ways:
- You'll have more energy
- You'll look better
- You'll feel happier with yourself
- You'll make the right diet and lifestyle choices
- You'll feel the benefits of doing exercise
Doing exercise, dieting, sleeping more, and doing all the other things that help you to lose weight will make you a much happier, healthier person, and your life will improve in so many ways!
Now, just because weight loss is awesome, that doesn’t mean it's easy. In fact, losing weight--real weight--is probably one of the hardest challenges you will face in your life. Your body is designed to store fat, so trying to get rid of fat goes against your body's nature. It's going to be an uphill struggle all the way, but it's 100% worth it--I guarantee!
Deciding to lose weight is the first step, but the next steps are MUCH harder. You'll need to:
- Find a healthy, balanced, lower-calorie diet that works for you--both your eating preferences and your lifestyle
- Find a workout that burns calories, builds muscles, and targets fat
- Throw all of the junk food out of your home
- Look at ways to change your sleeping habits, lifestyle choices, and activities to be more conducive to weight loss
It's a BIG change of life to go from your current habits to weight loss-conducive ones, so the next steps are going to be pretty big. They will require commitment on your part, a WHOLE LOT OF EFFORT, and the help of your friends and family.
Here is a list of rules to live by when you’ve finally decided you’re ready to lose weight:
- Spend a good week or so preparing for the positive events that will take place when you’ve lost your desired amount of weight.
- Learn to live in the moment of how life will be like once you've begun your workout program. Your body is going to change, and you need to learn to relish the experience.
- Program your mind to remember that it takes both physical exercise and a diet overhaul to really see any permanent changes. A change in mindset is JUST as important as a change in lifestyle, so it's time to get your mind on board the diet as well as your body.
- Learn to enjoy and make healthy, nutritious food. It's the healthy, nutritious food that's going to help you to lose weight, not the fatty, fried, and junk foods you're so used to eating. It may take time, but you'll need to learn to enjoy the healthier foods more than anything else!
- Plan physical activities with friends that keep you active and busy. The more active you are, the less time you have to think about being hungry! Plus, the more activity you have in your life, the more calories you burn. Going to the gym isn't enough to lose weight at the rate you want to, but you need to be more active in EVERY area of your life.
Follow these rules, and you'll find that weight loss isn't just possible--it's GOING to happen!