- 5 Simple Tricks to Reduce Overeating
- 6 Quick and Easy Meal Prep Secrets
- How to Choose the Right Pre-Workout Snack
- 7 Eating Hacks to Help You Diet
- What You Need to Know About Raw Sprouts
- 6 Simple and Effective Recipes for a Healthier Day
- 6 Easy and Healthy Diet Recipes
- 7 Quick and Dirty Tips for Healthier Dieting
- How to Keep Off the Weight Once You Lose It
- 5 Delicious and Healthy Ingredients to Add to Your Coffee
- 10 Keys to Eating Right
- The Right Time to Eat Carbs
- 5 Simple Tricks to Improve Your Healthy Eating Habits
- 5 Nutrient Rich Foods for Vegetarians
- 7 Simple Diet Changes that Will Change Your Life
- See More Articles
Top 10 Healthiest Fitness Foods to EatThere are so many foods on the planet that it can be hard to know which are THE BEST of all. With so many food choices, you may have no idea which you should be prioritizing in your diet. However, it's important that you make room for the healthiest fitness foods to eat, the ones that will give you the best balance of nutrients and calories. Want to know which are the healthiest foods to eat? Here is a list of the ones you should add to your diet in order to be healthy:
1. SalmonPacked with Omega-3 fatty acids, lots of protein, and an excellent balance of minerals, fish is by far the healthiest source of protein on the planet. Salmon takes the cake, and it's a food that you NEED to add to your diet if you want to be healthy.
2. BlueberriesFew fruits offer the same antioxidant load as blueberries, plus they're highly filling thanks to the fiber they contain. All in all, this is a fruit without peer.
3. OatsIf you want a food you can eat all day every day, that's oats for you! Oats are loaded with fiber, protein, and even some fatty acids, and it's as close as it gets to a "perfect" nutritional balance. Eat them first thing in the morning, before and after your workout, or even as a night snack.
4. YoghurtProtein meets healthy fats for a wonderful diet food, no matter who you are. Full-fat yoghurt may be a bit high in calories, but it's an essential food to eat if you want to stay in good shape. It will keep you full and prevent overeating, plus it's a good source of the calcium your bones need to stay strong.
5. Dark Greens
There are few veggies in the world to match dark greens in terms of sheer nutritional value. Spinach, for example, is loaded with fiber, calcium, and Vitamin A, while broccoli is one of the best foods to eat to have a healthy circulatory system. If you can add more dark greens to your day, you'll be in MUCH better shape!
6. TomatoesMen need to worry about their prostate, and tomatoes are loaded with prostate cancer-fighting antioxidants called lycopene. Plus, it's a low-calorie fruit that offers a lot of Vitamin C and other minerals, so it's an excellent choice for your healthy diet.
7. NutsNuts are rich in fiber, but they also contain a lot of minerals, unsaturated fat (the good kind), and protein. You'll find that almonds are the best of the nuts, as they provide A LOT of the Vitamin E your body needs to have a healthy heart, healthy skin, and proper-functioning blood vessels.
8. Whole Wheat BreadWho knew bread would make it onto this list? Most people bash bread, but whole wheat bread is perfect for a quick dose of energy after a workout.
9. BeefThis is the manliest of meats, and yet it's one that no man or woman should go without. Red meat contains Vitamins B6 and B12, which are vital for a faster metabolism. It also provides a wide range of minerals that are necessary for overall health, plus it's loaded with the protein you need for weight loss and muscle building.
10.SoySoy is one of those foods that are dangerously close to "perfect". It contains plenty of protein, but it also offers fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Soy milk and tofu are just two forms of the stuff, but there's nothing like fresh soy beans to pack a healthy punch!