In a world where more people are overweight than ever before, we see dozens of new weight-loss-specific companies popping up every week or so; and while most are spotted quickly as either fakes or fads and fizzle out immediately, others, like Nutrisystem, manage to hang on and make it through the long haul.
Nutrisystem has been around since 1972 and is much more than a mere weight-loss program. Although the “Nutrisystem Program” is one of the most respected programs around, the many products offered by this conglomerate make them one of the biggest players in the entire genre.
Individuals on the Nutrisystem program have experienced great results when following the program and introducing exercise into their lives. The way it works is simple: You get in touch with Nutrisystem, provide some information about yourself and your intended goals, and purchase one of their plans and Nutrisystem brings ready-made meals to your front door. In premise, all you need to do is stay in their diet and you will begin to lose weight.
Nutrisystem is famed for their nutrition-based diet plans. Their meals are well-balanced, low-calorie and still manage to taste great. Their low-GI foods provide your body with every nutrient it needs, eliminates the junk, and you will begin to see results by staying on their plan. It’s relatively easy to do this as well due to the fact that there are so many different options when it comes to the food. You can pick and choose according to your own tastes.
Of course, it’s a pay-as-you-go diet plan, which could end up costing you a lot of money if you need to lose a lot of weight. But the meals are already prepared; all you need to do is heat and eat.
What Nutrisystem Offers
By purchasing monthly plans with Nutrisystem, you will receive enough ready-made meals to last you through the entire month. You will receive three meals per day plus a snack.
The types of food you can expect to get from Nutrisystem include:
- Fettuccini Alfredo
- Pulled pork
- Wraps (pork, chicken, etc)
- And much, much more
Nutrisystem offers thousands upon thousands of items, and you can customize your dietary desires and have them ship the types of foods you want to eat. Their snacks are really varied and include chocolate, peanut butter, fudge bars, white chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, and more.
Pros and Cons of Nutrisystem
Like any diet program out there, Nutrisystem may not work for everyone. Of course, whether it works or not is most likely going to be based on an individual following the program or letting their discipline lapse. Because of the way Nutrisystem is set up, providing really small, low-calorie and low-GI meals, the weight should theoretically fall off. But left to one’s own devices, a 30-day supply can sometimes only last ten.
- The ready-made, heat-and-eat meals are really convenient for individuals in a hurry with no time to cook or shop
- No menu planning per se; it’s all taken care of through the meals
- The price is rather high on its face, but without junk food and sodas and having to buy a ton of fresh produce, you can actually save money in the long run
- You will not have to supplement your diet with any types of vitamins or nutrients; it’s all there in the meals
- Nutrisystem understands that people have cravings and thus they include plenty of snacks to satisfy those urges
- You’re probably going to be hungry for a while. Most overweight people are used to larger meals, and Nutrisystem provides small, balanced meals
- You will need a large freezer or a whole lot of fridge space to store these meals for the month
- Some of their options do not pack a lot of flavor
Overall, Nutrisystem is one of the top weight-loss programs available today. If you have the will power to stay on their diet plan, then there is no conceivable reason why you cannot lose weight.
Read also the others in our Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Program series:
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: The 3-Hour Diet
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: The Lunch Box Diet
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: The 5 Factor Diet
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: Weight Watchers
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: South Beach Diet
- Top 7 Most Popular Weight-Loss Programs: Jenny Craig