Losing weight is NOT easy! It takes hard work, commitment, and dedication to keep up with your diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes over the course of weeks, months, or even years. Weight loss won’t happen overnight, and it won’t happen unless YOU are willing to change and work for it.
But sometimes that’s easier said than done. It’s never simple to make dietary modifications that will help you to eat healthier, and it’s certainly challenging to make time for exercise. Sometimes, you’ll need a helping hand to make it a bit easier to change your life. That’s where hypnotherapy may come in handy.
Make no mistake: hypnosis is real! It simply uses the power of suggestions to enhance the desires already firmly implanted in your mind. If your goal is to lose weight, hypnosis and hypnotherapy will strengthen that desire and make it the most important thing in your mind.
Some people are skeptical about the effects of hypnosis but in fact, it has been estimated that over 90% of people can be hypnotized. Also we’ve all experienced some form of hypnosis almost every day. For example, when watching a movie we’re actually in a trance as we become engrossed in the story, it seems so real that we may even jump during the scariest scene. We all know it’s a film yet, we react as though it’s real. We feel the emotions we would normally feel if it really did happen to us. Hypnosis does NOT put thoughts in your mind, but it simply brings out the thoughts, feelings, and emotions already present.
Hypnotherapy can have some great effects on helping overcome problems. Some people use it to stop smoking, eliminate fears, phobias or to build confidence. For the dieter, hypnosis may not help someone to lose weight just by changing thought patterns, that’s like swallowing a pill and waking up 30 pounds lighter. However, what hypnosis may do is to help the dieter improve in other areas that have an indirect effect on weight control, hypnotherapy may help:
- Cut out emotional eating. Hypnosis can take your mind off your problems and stressors, helping you to focus on what really matters: weight loss. It will be much easier to avoid emotional eating if you understand what triggers you to want to eat in the first place.
- Control appetite easier. While hypnotherapy won’t actually shut down your stomach, it can help you to exert control over your mind. You’ll be able to use self-hypnosis to avoid thinking about your hunger and take your mind off your desire for food until your next meal.
- Stop cravings for sweet or junk foods. Did you know that cravings only last for up to 5 or 10 minutes? Hypnotherapy can equip you with the tools you need to distract your mind from your cravings until they have passed.
- Change thoughts on how one feels about food. Your thoughts on food control your food intake. People who use food as a comfort or stress reliever often have a harder time losing weight. But hypnotherapy can help to modify the way you look at food and eating, reducing your dependence on it.
- Increase motivation to exercise. It’s never easy to exercise, but hypnotherapy can enhance your existing desire to get in shape and be active. You’ll still have to fight to fit in that workout every day, but the hypnosis will make it a bit easier.
- Build a belief that one can achieve weight control. The hypnotherapy can help to reinforce your belief in yourself and your abilities, making it easier for you to stick with the diet even when the going gets tough.
- Believe health foods taste just as good or better than junk food. This is a bit of a stretch, but it has worked! Healthy foods can be delicious, it just takes a shift in your attitudes and perceptions of the food. Hypnosis may be able to help you bring out the “tasty because it’s healthy” belief, making it easier to make healthy choices.
- Build confidence to join local gym. By overcoming shyness, you can start working out and making the changes in your life that will promote a healthy lifestyle.
Hypnotherapy has potential to help some people lose weight, especially those who have been unsuccessful with many other dieting programs. Self hypnosis is an effective technique used by some top athletes to help them achieve higher levels of physical fitness. Self hypnosis may also be a great tool for dieters struggling with losing weight.