- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- See More Articles
Weight loss and gain each day or daily changes in weightYou may have stepped onto the scale one day to find that, suddenly, you’re five pounds heavier or lighter than you were the day before, but can’t seem to see any major difference in the mirror. This can be caused by a number of different factors, but is almost always the fault of water retention. So What Causes Weight Retention? There are three main causes of weight retention, but it can also be made worse by some energy-boosting weight supplements like Creatine, which cause your muscles to hoard water for five days, sometimes nearly doubling in size. Aside from anything like this, water retention is caused by these three things:
1) SaltIf you eat a lot of salt, your body needs to hold water in order to neutralize the salinity of your body tissue. This means it floods your cells with water, giving you an all-round puffy appearance. This can cause your body to weigh as much as five pounds more than normal.
2) Excess CarbohydratesIf you’ve recently binged on carbohydrates, don’t be surprised if put on a lot more weight than that bowl of pasta you enjoyed. If you go onto a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet for two days you can shed this water quickly, but you’ll retain it again as soon as you start giving your body sugars.
Sometimes it’s not all your fault. Hormonal changes in women, especially those brought on by menopause, can cause significant water retention. Aside from water retention, daily weight fluctuations can be caused by:
- Playing sport (losing water again)
- A big meal (or a big bowel movement – any mass in or out)
- Being ill (losing water and eating little)