- The Best Diets for Weight Loss in 2016
- Small Lifestyle Changes for Faster Fat Burning
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- Health Benefits of Losing Weight
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- How to Keep Up With Weight Loss
- Alternative Weight Loss Methods
- Losing Weight: Will It Improve My Life?
- How to Maintain Weight Loss
- Pros and Cons of Diet Pills
- The Food Lover's Diet
- Exercise for Busy Women
- The Slim in 6 Diet
- The Beverly Hills Diet for Weight Loss
- See More Articles
Weight Loss Tips For WomenTo lose weight you need to think about your eating and your exercise habits. It is important that you maintain a proper diet, eat balanced meals every day and exercise regularly. That said, women’s bodies do differ from men’s and if you and your partner are losing weight together, the results will vary between you. This can be discouraging, but as a woman you must first understand your body and what it is capable of regarding your dieting goals, then you will then have a better chance of achieving those goals. We put together some tips and tricks for women who want to lose weight. So ladies, look no further, we have the answers for you. 1. Eat well. This should go without being said, but unfortunately the multi-billion dollar weight loss industry has promoted plenty of fad diets that actually give women an excuse not to eat well. Avoid white sugar, white flour and fast food. Fruits and vegetables are your friend. Processed foods are your enemy. Recommended reading for further understanding what constitutes real food and what doesn't can be found in Michael Pollan's book Food Rules. 2. Lower estrogen levels. Estrogen helps the female body retain more fat to support the process of child birth. And the heavier you get, the more estrogen your body produces. It's a vicious cycle that must be reversed to achieve effective weight loss. To lower estrogen, one must increase their testosterone levels. This doesn't mean going on hormone injections and growing a mustache. All women produce testosterone naturally, just not as much as men. Testosterone can be increased naturally and effectively by starting a weight training program. If you want to change your body, lifting weights is the best place to start. Don't worry, you won't turn into the Hulk. 3. Eat protein. Derive a higher percentage of your daily calories from protein. You should be eating approximately one gram of protein per day for every pound of body weight, especially if you are in a committed weight training program. That's a lot of protein. It will require a big adjustment in your typical diet. Protein powder supplement shakes can help reach your daily protein intake. The most important and largest meal of the day should be eaten following a workout.
4. Avoid excess stress. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body, a hormone that can trigger desires for sweet, fatty foods and lead to emotional eating. Cortisol can also lead to a slower metabolism. Weight loss is about a full body transformation which includes the mind. Pinpoint areas in your life that are causing you stress and find ways to remove or lower that stress. Stress can come from a toxic relationship, working too many hours, and a number of other often self-inflicted ways. Meditation can be a valuable weight loss tool for helping you slow down and pinpoint the patterns in your mind that are causing you stress. 5. Get adequate sleep. Make sure you sleep 7-8 hours every night. Sleep gives your body energy and promotes healthy bodily function. Sleep is the foundation of the pyramid for weight loss success. 6. Drink a lot of water. A large glass of water 30 minutes before a meal can help curb your appetite and prevent over-eating. Staying hydrated is imperative for making it through exercises as well. 7. Avoid scam products. The market is flooded with snake oil salesmen dangling quick-fix crash diet products targeting the human need to get results fast. There are no "secrets" of weight loss or "fast" solutions. Those buzzwords tend to be a sign of a scam. Here's an unfortunate truth about weight loss: it's a slow process. There are no short-cuts. People who use diet pills and other such methods to weight loss do more harm to themselves than good. Anything worth having is not always easy to get. Weight loss is no exception. Embrace the process and accept that it will take some time to reach your goals but you will get there. Start with baby steps. Focus on eating properly, exercising, and getting sufficient sleep today. Then do it again tomorrow. Don't become overwhelmed by the bigger process and just focus on doing a good job right now. You will mess up. And that's okay. Just get back on the horse. Over time, as you string enough of these successful days together, you will begin to notice change. You can find more useful tips from WebMD's weight loss for women article. We’ve also complied information on healthy diets and which exercises can help you to reach your goals. Read reviews of fitness equipment as well as health and wellness supplements. Now all you have to do is to get out there and start working towards a better, healthier you.