- 7 Simple Health Tricks That Will Help You Live Longer
- How to Eat Healthy To Boost Your Immunity
- The ONE Ingredient You Need for Serious Weight Loss
- The Cold Hard Truth About Water Weight
- Everything You Need to Know About Proper Hydration
- Feeling Bloated? Here are 7 Things that Might be Causing It…
- 8 Simple Tricks to Torch Serious Calories
- Should You Sleep In or Work Out Early?
- What to Eat Before Your Training Session
- How to Eat Before Drinking the Right Way
- The 5 Surprising Benefits of Water You Didn’t Know About
- Metabolism 101: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Eating Right to Fuel Your Workout
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- How to Avoid Back Pain
- See More Articles
Get Rid of Indigestion & Heartburn
That feeling of burning and discomfort in our chest and throat can be really annoying after about, oh, 10 seconds! Sometimes it will only last for a few minutes, other times it will linger around for hours. The pain associated with acid indigestion, better known as heartburn, can not only be maddening but it can also be dangerous if you have recurring symptoms.
Now, for the remedies, we’ll briefly touch on a few different methods you can try. Some will have explanations accompanying the remedy; others will just be suggestions that tend to work for people by way of soothing the stomach.
- Baking soda: This alkaline can easily target the acid in your stomach and neutralize it. It doesn’t take a lot. Baking soda is perfectly safe for you, so putting a tablespoon into a glass of warm water will do the trick in minutes for most indigestion, and you can probably get by with using a teaspoon if you’re not crazy about the taste.
- Mustard : Just plain old yellow mustard with its vinegar content can get to work and knock that heartburn out in mere minutes.
Not every bout of indigestion is acid reflux, however. Dyspepsia has a few faces, and it luckily has a few quick fixes.
- Herbal tea, sipping on a Coke, sucking on a lemon wedge, or eating some garlic or ginger to aid in digestion are all good indigestion remedies that seem to work for most people.
- Over-the-counter medications also seem to be extremely helpful for bouts of indigestion. Tums, Rolaids, Pepto – they’re all working cures that tend to get rid of indigestion in minutes.
For this particular article, we've been dealing solely with the treatments and not the causes. Even still, it would be remiss not to mention that heartburn is sometimes easily preventable. If you avoid fatty and spicy foods, eat slowly and eat smaller meals, you should be able to avoid heartburn often enough.