People are aware that they should get exercise in addition to a well balanced diet to live a healthy lifestyle. What they should be seeing in that mirror is the rosy glow on their skin, the shining eyes and healthy body because they exercise. Even if you do not have the perfect body, exercising will make you healthier and increase your self esteem in the long run.
The youth cult in America today makes people of all ages and sexes yearn to look young, so they pay untold amounts of money for surgeries and treatments to look young. Really though, people need to just exercise. Physical activity doesn’t have to happen at an expensive gym, nor does it take specialized equipment. If people don’t have extra money for a gym membership, some simple activities, according to the National Institutes of Health, can get the ball rolling for them and keep them fit.
Here are easy solutions to become physical active without spending money:
- Walking. Walking strengthens muscle and bone. It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, either.
- Swimming. Many establishments charge a small fee in the off seasons, so persons who swim can do it year-round. It’s not weight-bearing exercise, but still works out the whole body.
- Dancing. Turn up the MP3 player and dance your way through household chores or while doing honey-do’s. It strengthens muscle and is aerobic.
- Gardening, painting the house, cutting grass. All involve movement – twisting, turning, reaching – which stretches and works out different muscle groups.
- Play with the children. Running, jumping rope or wrestling with each other are fun. It works out the body but it isn’t work.
- Make housework a stretching exercise. Vacuuming, making beds, cleaning the bathtub can all be made over into stretching exercises which elongate the muscles.
- Breathe deeply from the fresh, clean smell of the house after housework. Deep breathing oxygenates the blood pumping to the muscles just worked out.
When a body does simple exercises with little intensity, the body benefits by sustained workouts. Focused exercises such as endurance, reaching, upper and lower body strength exercises include an intensity not found in every day, simple physical activity. This type of focus is good for the heart and lungs, for they pump oxygenated blood to the areas being strengthened.
Why exercising is good for you:
- Simple activity makes the blood rise to the surface, which produces a dewy, healthy glow to the skin.
- Physical activities cause endorphins, which make people happy, so their smile is wide and their eyes glow. People will see immediate results from these activities, which will give them the motive to get and remain healthy.
- The Mayo Clinic says that regular exercise helps people sleep better. Physical activities every day promotes deeper, restful sleep, which motivates the body to get more exercise.
- When people are performing simple physical activities, they breathe deeper. This oxygenates the blood pumping to the muscles being worked out.
- Persons suffering from asthma benefit from deep breathing because it opens up the chest, dispelling mucous.
- Heart patients benefit from simple activities because the heart, also, is a muscle and what gives it a workout makes it stronger.
- So many arthritis sufferers benefit from simple exercises because it keeps them limber, which prevents the build-up around ligaments and joints that causes the disease.
Good health and peak fitness show on people’s skin, eyes, and body. It’s a young and sexy look. There is no need for surgery, just a healthy attitude towards exercising.