Many dieters find it difficult to flatten the stomach. Some who can’t flatten the belly quickly often end up buying all the latest tummy flattening devices in the hope that one will eventually trim the stomach muscles quicker. Its not the best or latest equipment that will give us a trim stomach, it is achieved by using a little grit and determination. A flat stomach cannot be achieved using exercise alone, it also requires an effective change in eating habits.
Tips to help flatten stomach by toning the belly muscles.
- Use smooth controlled movements.
- You shouldn’t be feeling a pull in the legs or hip joints when doing sit ups.
- Don’t arch the back it may strain the lower back area.
- Don’t get too much out of breath within the first few weeks.
- Try to comfortably increase the number of repetitions each workout.
- Sit ups can’t really flatten stomach muscles very well.
- Crunches are one of the best for flattening stomach.
- Muscles adapt to repeated exercise so try performing different stomach exercises – under guidance of a gym instructor!
- Try varying the speed at which the exercise is performed – be careful when at fast pace!
- Always warm the stomach up thoroughly before exercising to flatten the belly.
- Exercise the side of the stomach as well as the front abs.
- Always perform stomach exercises under the guidance of a qualified gym instructor, especially for the first few workouts.
Burning the fat from the stomach and achieving a toned belly are totally different goals that require different approaches. A healthy diet, slightly lower in calories than the body requires will help burn fat from all over the body including the flat stomach area. Food intake should only reduce calories a little at a time over the course of many months. This allows the body to develop into a fat burning mode and reduce fat around the stomach gradually. Reducing calories too much only causes a weight loss plateau which results in a lowered metabolism and even possibly a gain in weight!
Aerobic exercise also helps burn fat from fat cells directly including the stomach. However, effective fat burning requires you to stick to the lower end of the target heart rate.
Flattening the stomach is not an easy task, it requires the correct approach and attitude which should last until stomach muscles are visible!