High-quality proteins being present in your food intake can help you losing weight and keep your desired weight. While there’s no doubting that the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, flavinoids and antioxidants in various fruits and vegetables are vital to human health, high-quality protein sources are also imperative. Proteins provide loads of helpful benefits for our bodily systems.
Consider the following facts about high-quality proteins:
- High-quality animal and vegetable protein sources help the body to burn subcutaneous and visceral fat storages more efficiently. Proteins present the body with a bigger challenge to assimilate and digest than carbohydrates and fats. That means that more energy is used up while metabolising proteins. When we use more energy, our metabolic rates increase and we burn more calories.
- Ingesting regular sources of protein in our diets makes us feel satiated. When we feel satiated, our brains do not tell us that we are hungry and consume less food during one day.
- Our bodies require good-quality proteins for the maintenance, repair and growth of various cellular structures, muscle tissue in particular. Most people understand that diet alone will not facilitate desired weight loss; exercise is needed as well. When we exercise, we cause damage to muscle tissues. Our bodies then direct our protein stores to the damaged muscle tissues for repair. By nature, muscle tissue requires more calories to support than does fat tissue. Even in inactive states such as sleeping, our bodies burn loads of energy to support our muscle tissues.
The above facts about high-quality protein in the diet demonstrate that the body utilises protein as the primary catalyst for influencing increased metabolism.
Tips for including high-quality proteins in your diet for facilitating efficient weight loss:
- Including quality proteins in every meal may help improve metabolism speed. Be sure to throw in non-starchy fruits and vegetables as well. Cut back a little on your carbohydrate sources like rice, cereals and other grain foods.
- Consume about 5 or 6 small meals every day. This means a small meal once every 3 hours. Digestion burns a lot of energy. Regularly eating small meals throughout the day helps keep the metabolism sparked.
- Each small meal should have a total caloric value of between 350 and 550 calories. 6 meals at 425 calories each will yield 2550 calories for the day. That’s a good amount calories needed for an average sized man with average physical activity levels. Of course you need to adjust that amount if you are a woman or a larger man. Also, people who engage heavily in physical activity must increase their caloric intake.
- If you truly want to spark your metabolism optimally, consider adding fish oil supplements as well as creatine monohydrate to the diet.
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water each day. Regular servings of cold water will also increase your metabolic rates. For extra special treats, throw in healthy servings of green and red teas. They are loaded with free radical-destroying antioxidants.
Including a few servings of high-quality protein sources into your diet should spark your metabolism and give your body what it needs to help maintain lean muscle mass. That is one effective method of achieving and maintaining your ideal weight level.