Here are more recipes with controlled calories in each meal. These have been selected because they can be great-tasting dishes to add to any weight loss diet plans. They aid in controlling a lower intake of calories in order to lose weight.
Please remember to check the ingredients list to make sure there’s nothing that you may have a food allergy to, or may be intolerant to the ingredients, if you’re unsure you should seek advise from your doctor!
Check out our other weight loss recipes:
[catlist name=”weight loss recipes” numberposts=10]
Banana & Cinnamon slices
- Baking Powder
- Bananas – 2 medium mashed
- Brown Sugar – 125 (4 oz)
- Butter – 125g (4 oz)
- Caster sugar
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Wholemeal flour – 125g (4 oz)
- Mix the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in the eggs gently with the flour.
- Add baking powder, bananas and cinnamon. Keep folding until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread mixture into greased shallow tin and bake in oven 180C / 350F / gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Leave in tin for a few minutes then cut into slices and leave to cool. Dust with ca
This low calorie dessert has about 137 calories per slice.
Honey chicken Dish
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt & Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat grill to high. Brush the chicken with a little of the oil and season.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the oil with the honey and lemon juice. brush all over the chicken with half the honey mixture.
- Grill the chicken legs for 6-7 minutes. Brush with the remaining honey mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Grill for a further 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve hot or cold.
This dish serves four people, but when attempting to lose weight it would be best to consume smaller portions. Maybe a good idea is to eat half the serving stated below, then leave the other half for a meal later, or even for the following day. This is a fast chicken dish so ideal if you have a busy, or if you want something healthy, but quick after a long day at work.
It takes about 20 minutes in total to create and has roughly 300 calories per serving!
Fillets with savoury filling
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 900g (2 pounds) lean beef fillets, trim the fat off!
- flat leaf parsley
- baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees C / 450 F/ gas mark 8. For the filling, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion. Fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the mushrooms, tarragon and soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes. Season. Remove from the heat.
- Cut halfway through the long side of the beef fillet. Open, and spoon in filling. Close opening and tie gently with string at 2.5cm intervals. Season with pepper
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef. Brown on both sides. Transfer to a roasting tin. Bake for 15 minutes for rare or 18 minutes for medium. Turn off oven, cover beef with foil, and leave to stand for 10 minutes. remove the foil and string the carve. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish.
This savoury recipe will serve 6 people and takes about 30 minutes to make from scratch. Tastes great when served with fresh potatoes and peas. The calorie content per serving is around 240, with less than 10 grams of saturated fats if using the leanest of beef fillets.
Beef with a Black Bean Sauce
- Sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- bunch of spring onions
- 200g (7oz) jar black bean sauce
- 100ml (3.5fl oz) beef or vegetable stock
- Put the beef in a large glass bowl. Add soy sauce, sherry, garlic and ginger. Toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring once or twice.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok. Add oil, stir in beef, and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Reserving 2 spring onions for garnish, cut the rest into short lengths and add to the pan.
- Stir in black bean sauce and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Cut the reserved spring onions into thin slices diagonally. Scatter over the beef just before serving. Serve piping hot.
This is a great low calorie recipe using beef for good protein. It is ideal if served with plain boiled rice to help keep the calorie content down. This recipe usually takes about 40 minutes to complete and will serve 4 adults. I prefer to make it last for several days in the week. This way I can have smaller portions to control calories ingested even more!
Calories in each serving for this recipe is about 280.