Want to lose weight and get in shape? Here are some simple weight loss tips that will help you to improve your fitness and diet habits in little ways every day:
- Shrink Your Eyes — Don’t worry as much about limiting the types of food you eat, but focus on cutting back on the amount you eat first. You really don’t need a heaping plate of pasta, when two or three very small portions will do. Serve yourself just one spoonful of the food, and do it three or four times. You’ll get the same amount as a heaping portion, but you’ll trick your mind into thinking that it’s getting seconds and thirds.
- Drink More — Don’t just drink more water, but go for tea as well. Mint tea is great for soothing stomach problems, and green and oolong tea will both help to speed up your metabolism. Cut back on coffee, sodas, and sweet drinks, but drink as much water and natural, unsweetened tea as you can.
- Focus on the Food — If you really savor each bite, you’ll be less tempted to shovel food into your mouth. Don’t eat to satisfy your body, but really enjoy the mixture of flavors and sensations with each bite. By the time you finish just a few bites, you’ll already be well on your way to filling up.
- Add Tropical Fruits — All tropical fruits are loaded with Vitamin C, which makes them excellent for your immune system and heart health. Try and eat at least two or three servings of tropical fruit per week, primarily kiwi fruit, peaches, pineapples, and coconuts. You’ll find these natural fruits are excellent for your health, and they’ll make a tasty addition to any diet.
- Eat Asian — Asian food (aside from a lot of Chinese food) is usually healthier for you, as it is lower in saturated fat and contains spicy ingredients. Spices like turmeric and curry powder are excellent for your circulation and heart health, and spicy chilies contain capsaicin that will actually speed up weight loss. Eat Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, and even the low-fat Chinese food regularly to experience the wonderful benefits they can provide.
- Add Berries — Berries make a delicious addition to your breakfast cereal, but a healthy one too! They’re loaded with antioxidants, and they’ll help you to fill up thanks to their high fiber content. They’ll keep you nice and full, and you’ll be content with just a small bowl of yoghurt or cereal thanks to the tasty addition.
- Don’t Avoid Garlic — While it may not be ideal when on a date, you should enjoy garlic as much as you can. It’s excellent for your heart and your circulation, and you’ll find that it will improve your health overall. The same is true for onions, leeks, and other strong-smelling aromatics, so make an effort to eat them as often as you can get away with it.
- Increase Intensity — Not getting the weight loss or muscle building results you were expecting? You may be taking it too easy on yourself at the gym, so it’s time to get intense and really up the vigor of your workout. Go for HIIT training, CrossFit sessions, or even a BootCamp. When you see the results you get with high intensity training, you’ll be sold for life!
- Speed Up — If you’ve been running for a while, it’s time to increase your speed. You don’t need to add distance yet, but try and finish your daily run 30 to 60 seconds faster than you did the day before. You won’t be much more tired, but you’ll make excellent running progress in a few months.
These are just a few simple tips, but they’ll be excellent for weight loss and improved overall health!